Señor Jordan's Spanish Videos » Blog Archive » 01-011- Me gusta (parte 2)

01-011- Me gusta (parte 2)

Posted by Señor Jordan on Sep 22, 2008 in basics, grammar, year 1 |

In this video, we’ll be continuing with the phrase “Me gusta” and adding more words/phrases to alter the meaning and give you more flexibilty in meaning.

Hope this is helpful.  Feel free to leave questions/comments/suggestions about this video.

¿Qué te gusta hacer?
– What do you like to do?
¿(A ti) Te gusta _? – Do you like _?
(A mí) Me gusta _. – I like
Me gusta mucho _. -
I like _ a lot.
¿Qué te gusta más, _  o _? – Which do you like more/prefer, _ or _?
me gusta más _. – I like _ more. / I prefer _.
pero
– but
también
– also, too
a mí también – me too (meaning “I like it too”)

(A mí) No me gusta _. -  I don’t like _.
No me gusta mucho _.
– I don’t like _ much.
No me gusta nada _.
– I don’t like _ at all.
No me gusta ni _ ni _.
– I don’t like _ or _.
Ni… ni…
- Neither… nor…
tampoco
– neither / either
a mí tampoco
– me neither (meaning “I don’t like it either”)

¿y a ti? - and you?

————————-
Related videos:

1. Me gusta (parte 1)
  2. Vocabulario – las frutas & gustar

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Jeff
Sep 25, 2008 at 2:23 am

Love your videos. They’re a great addition to my Spanish resources. Look forward to future videos.

Amanda
Jun 18, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Thank you for this lesson. I have been living in Mexico for a year and have come to a paltue in my Spanish learning. The program I had been using isn’t working on my computer at the present. I actually didn’t realize the diff between tambien and tampoco. Funny thing is Iv been using them anyway. lol Thanks for the verification.

Señor Jordan
Jun 18, 2009 at 5:30 pm

Glad to be of assistance!

Eline
Dec 1, 2009 at 4:15 am

Hola Sr. Jordan,
muchas gracias por los videos, me gustan muchisimo. Son perfectos para apprender y practicar my español! Super!

larisa
Jan 28, 2010 at 5:06 am

I’m a little bit confused about ‘tampoco’ In your first example it appears in a sentence without negative: tampoco me gusta ver la television. but then you say that it uses in sentences with negative: no me gusta estudiar. no me gusta tampoco. Or may be my English is limited yet to catch your explanation :-( Anyway thank you.

Señor Jordan
Jan 28, 2010 at 8:17 am

Tampoco can go before to replace ‘no’
or it can go after the verb as long as you use ‘no’

Correcto:
1. No me gusta la pizza tampoco.
2. Tampoco me gusta la pizza.

Incorrecto:
1. Me gusta la pizza tampoco.

Cody
Apr 12, 2010 at 3:52 pm

These videos are so helpful thank you so much your a great teacher

Brittany
Apr 17, 2010 at 6:59 am

The vids are so helpful I use to take Spanish classes but can’t anymore so your vids are my only resource
Gracias
adiós =]

Deborah
Jun 23, 2010 at 11:32 am

I took part in a brief session of Spanish classes at a local university and was introduced to your lessons as a resource. Your short lessons are great and give me more practice and understanding of things that were covered and others that were not. Keep up the great work. Gracias, mi amigo!

ami
Jun 24, 2010 at 10:42 am

What’s is the difference between ¿y tu? And ¿y a ti?

Señor Jordan
Jun 25, 2010 at 11:28 pm

We use ¿y tú? with most verbs and in most contexts to mean ‘and you?’

However, we’ll use ¿y a ti? with gustar (and verbs that follow the same pattern).

Literally we’re saying:
(A mí) Me gusta la clase. (Class is pleasing to me.)
(A ti) Te gusta la clase. (Class is pleasing to you.)

ami
Jun 26, 2010 at 11:57 pm

But wouldn’t that be and to u lol

Adrian Aliwarga
Sep 4, 2010 at 3:21 am

Dear. Mr Jordan

I am just a child living in Indonesia who is learning Spanish and I was wondering, Is learning Spanish fun for you at the beggining when you just started and your video’s are awesome

Adrian

Timi
Oct 13, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Hey Senor!

I love your videos!

I’m a language teacher, too in Hungary.

I’ve been learning Spanish for a while and this is the best material I’ve ever seen and heard.

Feel free to contact me via my email.

We could discuss some teaching methods we use and change ideas :)

Regards,
Timi

Eliane Maciel
Oct 16, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Boa noite Senõr Jordan.
Estou escrevendo em português, mas creio que não será difícil entender, pois português e espanhol são parecidos. Comecei a estudar espanhol esta semana utilizando seus videos. Nunca pensei que seria tão bom e seus videos tem me ajudado muitíssimo. Pretendo no ano que vem estudar em um curso, mas continuarei acompanhando suas aulas. Obrigada.

Barbara
Oct 26, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Why would you use mucho (more) rather than muy (very) ex: no me gusta muy practicar deportes rather than no me gusta mucho practicar…..?

Señor Jordan
Nov 1, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Mucho = a lot, much
muy = very

“Me gusta mucho” literally means “It pleases me a lot”
vs
“Me gusta muy” means “it pleases me very”

That’s why we use the first one. It makes more sense.

-Sr. J

sylvia
Nov 4, 2010 at 4:10 am

Hi, Senor Jordan !!!!
I have a question about usage of tambien
You see,, in video “me gusta eschchar musica tambien” It can also be “me gusta tambien” ?

Thanks

David
Apr 20, 2011 at 1:44 pm

You are terrific at this. I am 70 and I was ready to give up but you have managed to convince me that even I am not to old to learn.

James
May 27, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I was just wonderng how you would say my favorite song is so and so or my fav. type of music is so and so?

Thanks James

Christy
Aug 25, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Why did you just use No me gusta here, instead of No, no me gusta?

Miguel
Dec 1, 2011 at 11:04 am

Great Job! Sr Jordan. I like what you are doing and it is helping me greatly.

Armen
Apr 9, 2012 at 3:14 am

Hello. I’m writing from Armenia! And i wanted to say that your lessons are sooo useful! Thanks a lot! And I have a question, I’ve noticed that you pronounce the word “naDa” like “naRa”? Is it like that or it only seems to me like that?)

Gale
Jun 1, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Very professional and well organized. Thinking about modeling an English second language curriculum and syllabuses after your website. Thank you for sharing so generously. Love you upbeat and positive attitude, Jordan.

Jasmine
Jun 14, 2012 at 9:47 am

Hello Jordan,

I’m in the 10th grade and I love your videos but you go a little too fast, do you think you can go slower?

Señor Jordan
Jun 25, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I’m sorry to hear that I go to fast! I’ll do my best to go slower in the newer videos, Jasmine. :-)

marcus hoy
Sep 18, 2012 at 4:19 am

Just fantastico!!!! you are the bees knees so helpful everything is explained so simply and well it makes all the other so called teaching systems a laughing stock. you take away the fear and anxiety of learning YOU ARE A TRUE GURU.

hayat
Oct 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm

thanks a lor Mr jordan i like your metode and your explanation you’re doing great job.
could you please publish a list of bisuniss vocabulary and thx again :)

Carmen
Oct 11, 2012 at 3:51 am

Hola, Oye porque siempre dices ADIOS??
Pasa que si dices Adios y la gente lo usa con gente NATIVA, la gente NATIVA entiende un ADIOS como un HASTA NUNCA, pese a que normalmente ADIOS significa BYE en ingles..
Pero creo que debes combinar distintas formas de despedirte asi entiendes como.
Nos vemos
Chao
Hasta luego.
Bueno, gracias por tus videos me ayudan a organizar mis clases.
Un abrazo.

Arvind
Apr 23, 2013 at 12:40 pm

For someone whose mothertongue is Spanish, you speak very well English!

joseph cordill
Feb 10, 2014 at 1:59 pm

i love your spanish videos they are very helpful and what do you speak naturally spanish or english

Grant Johns
Feb 10, 2014 at 2:05 pm

your videos are very enjoyable, i am learning spanish in school

Jessica Holt
Feb 14, 2014 at 11:55 am

Hola Carmen: Yo entiendo que en Suramérica adiós es como hasta nunca. Pero en otros países, por ejemplo México, es muy normal decir ¡adiós! y quiere decir algo como ¡hasta luego!.

Depende del país.

PS Senor Jordan I hope you remove Samuel Clemens comment as I find it highly inappropriate. To answer Joseph Cordill, Sr Jordan’s native tongue is English, he learned Spanish and is now a teacher.