Señor Jordan's Spanish Videos » Blog Archive » 02 Preterite AR verbs

02 Preterite AR verbs

Posted by Señor Jordan on Oct 6, 2008 in conjugation, grammar, preterite, verbs |

In this video lesson, we’ll be starting to learn how to do the preterite tense.  The preterite is a past tense that deals with finished actions.
The present tense = I talk, I am talking,
Preterite = I talked.

There will be plenty more videos on this verb tense coming!

Hope this was helpful.  Let me know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions!

Check out the preterite conjugation sheet if you’d like a summary of the preterite!

Conjugation chart:

preterite ayudar copy

ayudar – to help
bailar - to dance
cantar - to sing
enseñar – to teach
estudiar – to study
hablar – to speak, talk
nadar – to swim
necesitar – to need
tocar – to play (an instrument)
trabajar – to work
visitar - to visit

la abuela – grandmother
el dinero – money

—————————

Related video(s):

1. Preterite -AR verbs: -GAR, -CAR, -ZAR
  2. Preterite regular -ER verbs
  3. Preterite regular -IR verbs

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Lindsey
Feb 26, 2009 at 6:50 pm

This is a great sight! I’m just starting off as a Spanish teacher and was looking for a song that practices “ir” in the preterite. There is a song called “El Taxista”. If your interested, I could find it for you.

Heidi Shaw
Nov 6, 2009 at 8:26 am

After years of trying to learn Spanish, i am finally learning because of you! And you make it fun! Thank you Heidi Shaw

jeff the dog
Nov 19, 2009 at 11:25 am

I know this is for intended for Latin American Spanish but i find this the best learning there is online.
Please could you add the vosotros as there are some european students here who will need this when travelling to Spain.
Many thanks

VickyDelgada
Mar 4, 2010 at 5:39 pm

The visuals …different colors and such are making my learning process 100x better. I really can’t express how much I appreciate it!

David
Jun 2, 2010 at 9:53 am

I don’t have any spanish subject in school but I was able to learn a little bit because of your videos. Good Job! :0

Kirsty
Aug 17, 2011 at 1:50 am

Great website…. ive been looking for something like this and this is better than any other i have seen. thanks!

cy kappelman
Nov 12, 2012 at 5:14 pm

your vocabulary list is in the wrong order from what you said. but anywase i realy like your videos; they actualy help me alot

HUnter
Feb 3, 2014 at 4:19 pm

This is a great sight! I am having some trouble in Spanish 2, but once i started to watch your videos they helped me a lot.
Thanks

Annalyn Reed
Apr 24, 2014 at 10:20 am

I love all of your vids, they are so easy to understand!! :)