Señor Jordan's Spanish Videos » Blog Archive » 02 Preterite: Irregulars: ir & ser

02 Preterite: Irregulars: ir & ser

Posted by Señor Jordan on Jan 4, 2009 in conjugation, grammar, irregular, preterite, verbs, year 2 |

This lesson starts many in the series on irregular verbs in the preteriteIr (to go) and ser (to be) are both conjugated the same way in the preterite.  Watch the video below to learn more!

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or questions about this video below.

For a summary on the preterite, check out the preterite conjugation sheet!

ir / ser conjugation chart:

preterite ser & ir copy

el verano pasado – last summer
el almuerzo - lunch
delicioso - delicious
la escuela - school
aburrido – boring, bored
un desastre – disaster
el restaurante - a restaurant
el campo – the country, countryside
las pizzas – pizzas

14. Preterite – Irregulars – ver & dar
  15. Preterite – Irregulars – traer, traducir, conducir
  16. Preterite – Irregulars  song

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Cameron
Jan 28, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Should I say, “Soy profesor” or “Soy un profesor” and “Fue un profesor” or “Fue profesor”? I am confused, since the un is omitted… Thanks!

Jeff
Jul 3, 2010 at 6:39 am

Soy de las filipinas, y quiero tus lecciones. I really love it! You know, I can’t speak Spanish until I watched your videos… Keep up the good work, and hope we’ll meet each other personally someday! Gracias…

Lisa
Feb 26, 2011 at 11:28 pm

These videos are great! I go to my college spanish class everyday and learn virtually nothing until I get home and watch the videos. It’s just perfect because it seems like if you don’t grasp something right away in class your just left waddling, but with the videos they’re set up so you can watch them and focus on one aspect. It makes learning much easier. Thanks

annmariemarie
Aug 21, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Love this! Fuiiii!!!

Emmie
Feb 2, 2012 at 9:26 am

Tu lección fue fantastico. Muchas gracias.

Eres profesor muy bueno.

Angela P
Jun 17, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Thank you so much for doing these videos!! I learn so much from you, your method of instruction is a blessing! You are straight forward, easy to understand, and you focus on enough repetition that I can retain the information better. Also, thank you for speaking Spanish like a native speaker! My Spanish 2 professor speaks Spanish with no accent and it is really difficult to decipher what words he is saying. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Do you do private lessons via Skype or telephone???

Señor Jordan
Jun 25, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Angela,
I am so glad you’ve been finding my videos useful and my Spanish accent isn’t too horrid for your ears! :-) I currently don’t really do any private tutoring as I already teach. I just make the videos in my (slowly disappearing) free time.

Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have a question though through my website, youtube channel, or facebook group and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner!

-Sr. J

Hanne Iversen
Mar 22, 2013 at 9:07 am

Fantastic thank you very much for doing the videos i enjoy them alot

This site's anti-spam requires Javascript; enable it and refresh this page to continue.

NoScript Users: Whitelist the domain services.wpspamhammer.com and refresh.